Corporate Compliance & White Collar Defense
Jennifer Drury Buzecky is a shareholder in the Milwaukee office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C. where she heads the Environmental Team. Jennifer began her environmental career with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Region 5 office in Chicago, where she was a federal contact for state Title V and New Source Review air permitting programs. Her practice encompasses a broad range of state and federal environmental law, including air permitting, regulatory compliance, remediation, enforcement defense, transactional risk assessment, and energy and public utilities.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1990
Awards & Distinctions
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in Environmental Law (2011-2013)
- Ranked in Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Natural Resources and Environment (2009-2012)
- WHD's Environmental Law Team was recognized by Corporate INTL as Client's Choice - Wisconsin Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year (2011)
- Represented clients in formal mediations to efficiently and cost-effectively resolve environmental litigation matters. Opposing parties have included the Wisconsin Department of Justice and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Negotiated settlement agreements governing government allegations of noncompliance with various state and/or federal environmental laws, including laws addressing air permitting and air emissions, stormwater, construction activities associated with navigable waters, wetlands, and the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Acts. Some matters have been resolved through comprehensive settlements. Opposing parties have included the Environmental Protection Agency, Wisconsin Department of Justice and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Advised and assisted clients in responding to requests for information under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act and other various state and federal laws, and concerning the disclosure of documents responsive to governmental agencies’ requests.
- Advised on after-the-fact permitting and obtaining governmental approvals of source-specific rulemakings or alternative protocols to replace existing standards with standards specific to the facility
- Advised clients concerning compliance certifications involving air permits and mandatory and voluntary disclosures of permit deviations and violations.
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy and Resources (Air Quality Committee) – former Vice Chair – Service, Membership
- Milwaukee Bar Association – former Chair of Environmental Section
- Air and Waste Management Association
- Federation of Environmental Technologists
- Wisconsin Energy Research Consortium (WERC)
Articles and Presentations
- Federation of Environmental Technologists Air Quality and Annual Environmental Reporting, speaker on federal and state issues, 2010-2013
- Clean Air Act Update, AIChe Annual Meeting, November 2007
- Regulatory Update on Air Issues, State Bar of Wisconsin, September, 2007
- Changes in Storm Water Regs Affect Developments, WHD's The Real Deal: Real Estate Newsletter, Winter 2007
- Federation of Environmental Technologists: Environmental Health and Safety Regulations, What You Need to Know, February 2006, March 2007, March 2008
- Federation of Environmental Technologists: 2005 Deadlines for Facilities under NR 445, September 29 and October 27, 2005