Sustainability & Renewable Energy
Jennifer Drury Buzecky is a shareholder in the Milwaukee office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C. where she heads the Environmental Team. Jennifer began her environmental career with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Region 5 office in Chicago, where she was a federal contact for state Title V and New Source Review air permitting programs. Her practice encompasses a broad range of state and federal environmental law, including air permitting, regulatory compliance, remediation, enforcement defense, transactional risk assessment, and energy and public utilities. She has also assisted clients in navigating the National and Wisconsin Environmental Policy acts, and has advised on historic preservation and endangered species issues.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1990
Awards & Distinctions
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in Environmental Law (2011-2013)
- Ranked in Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Natural Resources and Environment (2009-2013)
- WHD's Environmental Law Team was recognized by Corporate INTL as Client's Choice - Wisconsin Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year (2011)
- Represented an electric utility in seeking a certificate of authority (CA) regulatory approval and all Department of Natural Resources and other state and federal permits for construction of the 86-MW Cedar Ridge Wind Farm.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in the state's Green Tier program to develop and implement the client's innovative approaches to reducing mobile source air emissions and solid waste, and to decrease its environmental impact through energy efficiency, green design and other efforts as part of its ongoing commitment to achieve superior environmental performance.
- Advised a client on federal, state and local environmental approvals applicable to a planned 300-MW electric power plant that would co-burn biomass.
- Represented clients in formal mediations to efficiently resolve environmental litigation matters. Opposing parties have included the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and various companies and insurers.
- Advised a utility client concerning the successful permitting of a 300-MW natural gas electric power plant. The project was on-time and on-budget amidst regulatory changes that had the potential to significantly impact the issuance of and substantive requirements within the air permit eventually issued.
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy and Resources (Air Quality Committee) – former Vice Chair – Service, Membership
- Milwaukee Bar Association – former Chair of Environmental Section
- Air and Waste Management Association
- Federation of Environmental Technologists
- Wisconsin Energy Research Consortium (WERC)
Articles and Presentations
- Federation of Environmental Technologists Air Quality and Annual Environmental Reporting, speaker on federal and state issues, 2010-2013
- Clean Air Act Update, AIChe Annual Meeting, November 2007
- Regulatory Update on Air Issues, State Bar of Wisconsin, September, 2007
- Changes in Storm Water Regs Affect Developments, WHD's The Real Deal: Real Estate Newsletter, Winter 2007
- Federation of Environmental Technologists: Environmental Health and Safety Regulations, What You Need to Know, February 2006, March 2007, March 2008
- Federation of Environmental Technologists: 2005 Deadlines for Facilities under NR 445, September 29 and October 27, 2005