Intellectual Property Counseling & Protection
Edward Kenrick is a paralegal in the Madison office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., where he is a member of the Intellectual Property practice group.
- Paralegal Certificate, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of Massachusetts of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts - B.A. in ESP Philosophy, Concentration in Philosophy of Law
- Prosecuted and maintained domestic and foreign patent and trademarks; drafted responses to office actions; managed patent and trademark docket and database; prepared and filed documents and applications with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO); obtained patent file wrappers and trademark histories.
- Prepared and assisted with filing responses to office actions, Statements of Use, Extensions of Time, affidavits, renewal of registrations and all other areas of patent and trademark prosecution.
- Researched and assisted attorneys with patent and trademark assignments and name/address change recordals in U.S. and foreign countries.
- Prepared foreign filing instruction letters, verified foreign filing requirements and overseen timely filings of formal documents.
- Reviewed and analyzed correspondence from foreign associates, and communicated with attorneys and clients throughout prosecution and during maintenance of the foreign registration.
- Prepared and filed opposition/cancellation proceedings wit the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (TTAB); drafted and filed motions, delcarations, affidavits, related to same.
- Researched trademarks and created intellectual property reports from federal, state, international, common law, domain, and business name databases for trademark attorneys.
- Secretary/Board of Director, Chavez Boxing Foundation (2007 - present)