Business & Commercial Litigation
Ross Anderson is a shareholder in the Milwaukee office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek. His practice has been exclusively devoted to litigation for more than 30 years. He is an elected member of the Wisconsin chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He represents clients in disputes involving legal and financial malpractice, insurance issues, products liability, class actions, real estate, construction, partnership and corporate disputes and dissolutions, contracts, and title insurance problems. He is also a trained mediator and has mediated a variety of cases.
- Marquette University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1978
- Carthage College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1975
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals (4th and 7th Circuit)
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
Awards & Distinctions
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as Lawyer of the Year 2013 in Milwaukee for Litigation - Real Estate
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in Commercial Litigation (2011, 2013), Litigation - Real Estate, and Litigation - Securities (2011-2013)
- Named to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers list (2008-2012)
- Defended numerous professional malpractice claims, including lawsuits involving attorneys, accountants, registered representatives and broker-dealers, real estate brokers, architects, and engineers.
- Defended manufacturers in products liability lawsuits.
- Litigated disputes involving securities fraud and misrepresentation, ranging from large class action lawsuits to individual investor arbitrations.
- Served as the mediator or arbitrator and lectured about alternative dispute resolution procedures. He has successfully resolved many clients’ cases through ADR procedures.
- Defended title insurance companies and handled a variety of other real estate litigation.
- Litigated and frequently lectured on multiple construction issues including construction defects, design, specification and contract issues and lien procedures and problems.
- Represented financial institutions in usury litigation, contested foreclosures, lawsuits by condominium homeowner's associations against the developer and lender, troubled loan work-out negotiations, and a wide assortment of other lending problems.
- Washington County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Wisconsin Chapter)
- American Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association