Collective Knowledge. Singular Success.
At Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., it’s our inventory of talent and experience that sets our Family Law Team apart. Our attorneys are also business lawyers who focus their practices on family reorganizations and the dissolution of unique partnerships: those affecting marriage and the family. Our emphasis on strategy and the careful implementation of long-term client goals allows us to customize our approach to each case. Together with the client, we develop a strategy and constantly reevaluate our cost-benefit analysis to ensure the client receives both value and results at every stage of the process.
Our Family Law Team is distinguished in its ability to manage and work with complementary teams of external and internal experts and advisors to accomplish our clients’ objectives. By instinctively understanding when and when not to utilize the litigation process, we maximize negotiation opportunities and are able to obtain results through creative settlements that in many cases are far more discreet and beneficial than a litigated outcome.
Our Family Law Team attorneys have significant experience managing complex marriage dissolution transactions. Just as a surgeon must also understand and direct the nurses, surgical techs, and residents during surgery, a family law attorney must likewise coordinate the accountants, financial advisers, appraisers, therapists, social workers, real estate professionals and other participants to successfully dissect and protect what is rightfully the client’s. To create both opportunity and options for our clients, we leverage the intellectual capital of the entire firm. The result is improved business collaboration and productivity for our clients. We respond to each family law matter by assembling a composite of experience targeted to meet the client’s unique objectives. We integrate with diverse practice groups within the firm to draw on the knowledge and experience of our more than 130 attorneys state-wide—providing our clients with maximum value and a strategic advantage. As a result, we can provide continuity of representation without sacrificing personal service.
Our clients are sophisticated consumers of legal services who expect lawyers to make situations better and not worse. They want and need attorneys who will work with them—not against them. This means that we work cooperatively with our clients to clearly understand the role that each of us should play. We leave clients in control and help guide them through the process while developing realistic expectations about various legal options and their likely consequences. Our effectiveness at providing direct, client-specific counsel is a natural outgrowth of our emphasis on client relationships. We see ourselves as advocates and protectors. Blending legal prowess and personal service, we employ discretion, good judgment and honesty to gain our clients’ trust.
We have extensive experience representing parties on both sides—men and women. We offer the entire spectrum of family law services, including:
- Marriage Dissolution Actions: We handle divorce, legal separation, annulment and all related proceedings on issues such as child custody/placement, child support, spousal support, property division and post-judgment modification and enforcement actions.
- Paternity Actions: We establish the rights and responsibilities between unmarried parents.
- Third-Party Visitation Actions: We define the rights and responsibilities between a child, his or her parents, and a third party with whom the child has a “parent-like” relationship.
- Marital Property Agreements: We handle the drafting and defense of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements between married or intended spouses.
- Actions for Interspousal Remedies: We bring and defend actions for the breach of the duty of good faith in the management and control of marital property.
- Cohabitation Agreements: We draft cohabitation agreements and separation agreements for unmarried cohabitants and parties in marriage-like relationships.
- Broken-Engagement Litigation: We handle actions involving claims of unjust enrichment or the negotiated return of property.
- Jurisdictional Disputes: We are experienced in matters involving complex inter-state custody and placement or inter-state support actions.
- Mediation: Our family law attorneys are frequently appointed by judges and hired by other counsel to act as mediators in family law disputes.
- Collaborative Divorce: We offer this conciliatory alternative to "traditional" divorce.
- "After Care" Program: We help clients monitor and maintain the legal results they've achieved through continued education and support.